“The Increasing presence of cloud computing and mobile smartphones is driving the digitization of everything across both consumer and enterprise domains. It is hard to imagine any area of human activity which is not being re-engineered under this influence, either at present or in the very near future.’
– Geoffrey Moore
With so many options to learn for a career in IT, it might be difficult for you to decide on what to learn and from where to start. This blog will clear the air and will also let you know the reasons for learning about the tremendously growing cloud computing platform known as Microsoft Azure. To Learn Azure from scratch, you can choose to join an online training course and get relevant certifications added to your resume.
The first and foremost reason for taking Microsoft Azure certification is that this cloud, though launched not more than a decade ago, is growing at a tremendous rate. The latest growth report states that the revenues of MS Azure grew by 12% in the fourth quarter of FY2022.
This is why it is considered the fastest-growing cloud computing platform. With the trust built up by Microsoft, it is great to learn the concepts of Azure and make a career in this domain.
Another reason for learning Azure is the huge salaries that it has to offer. Cloud professionals are paid lucrative salaries everywhere. The median annual salary of an Azure Developer is around USD 90,173.
Since the majority of established companies are looking for cloud professionals, including Google, Amazon, IBM, and many more, it is the right time to upskill yourself and advance your career. When you are acquainted with all the essentials of cloud computing, you can make your career skyrocket.
Also, the talent gap becomes one of the important reasons for learning cloud computing and getting certified. The shortage of skilled and trained professionals has made companies pay huge salaries to deserving candidates who possess relevant Azure certifications.
Now that you have gone through the reasons for learning Azure let us move forward to have an overview of Azure, the services offered, and the prerequisites for Azure.
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing services provider launched back in 2012. It provides a wide range of cloud services that include analytics, computing, storage, networking, and more.
It offers users to choose from these services to build and scale new applications and execute existing applications in the cloud.
This cloud platform is intended mainly to help businesses handle challenges and also meet the main objectives of the organization. Azure offers a variety of cloud services that can support all industries, including banking and finance, eCommerce, manufacturing, healthcare, and more, and is utilized by a majority of Fortune 500 companies. The best part is that it is compatible with open-source technologies.
Also, MS Azure offers four different formats of cloud services that include IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS(Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service), and serverless.
The pricing model of Microsoft Azure is the pay-as-you-go which implies that users need to pay only for specific resources that are used.
Some of the top features of Microsoft Azure that make the first choice of many enterprises include:
- You can embed Azure search to embed this functionality into any of the custom applications
- Azure provides secure and dedicated access to Redis Cache via Azure Redis Cache
- You can almost effortlessly run your applications just like an assembly line with the help of Azure batch
- When you require a direct connection between your on-premises environment and Azure data center, Azure Express Route is there to serve the purpose
- Azure DataFactory is a special feature that enables you to work on the on-premise or cloud infrastructure seamlessly
- A cloud-based system that is capable of accepting client requests, identifying the machines that can deal with them, and forwarding those requests to the respective machines is referred to as Azure Load Balancer
Top reasons for the popularity of Microsoft Azure
We already know that Azure is the fastest growing cloud services provider; it surely has to possess some of the distinct features that make it the one. Some of the top reasons that it is so widely used by companies of all sizes despite being a novice player include:
- Azure is power-packed with excellent tools and building blocks with Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- The data protection and security features of Azure are incredible
- One of the greatest advantages of Azure cloud is that it offers compatibility with .NET programming languages
- Azure comes with amazing hybrid cloud features and also allows for easy migration from on-premise to cloud
- It provides its users with an integrated environment that facilitates app development, it’s testing as well as deployment
- It is easy to learn Azure services and set up Azure cloud infrastructure with hassle-free processes
- Windows users can easily migrate to Azure as it has enterprise agreements with Windows
When you look for prerequisites for Azure, you will find that apart from basic educational requirements such as a basic higher secondary degree and a degree in computer science or any equivalent.
Many resources allow you to learn the fundamentals of Microsoft Azure with Simplilearn, where the basic level course is available for free. When do you get to level up your skills with such an ed tech giant with no costs, what can be a better option?
With this course by Simplilearn, you get to learn how to design and implement web applications; the ways you can create and manage virtual machines; manage network and application services; design and implement cloud services; design and implement storage strategies and more.
Any professional who is an aspiring cloud professional or aspiring Azure professional can take this course and start learning Azure to build robust applications and deploy suitable services right away.
Enroll Yourself Now!!